Location: San Francisco Bay Area, some remote OK.
We are seeking a Product Designer to lead all aspects of the user experience of a new consumer product. “Falcon” is the code-name for a stealth mode startup company incubating in a larger, established company. Falcon will shortly spin-out as an independent, venture-backed startup, with employees as significant shareholders. The company is lead by an experienced team with backing from top-tier investors.
We are building a product and platform in partnership with some of the top consumer-facing media companies in the world.
As a Product Designer with The Falcon Project, you will be involved in every aspect of product development, from brainstorming the next great innovation to tweaking pixels and interactions right before launch. You will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design skills to build world-class experiences.
You’ll work with us to build systems that respect users, and to help them safeguard and understand their privacy.
- Research and deeply understand the needs and motivations that drive usage behaviors in our product and light the way toward new user problems to address
- Lead the design and creation of useful and valuable user experiences
- Distill broad, conceptual ideas into practical and engaging interfaces
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Work with strategic partners to design off-platform experiences
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and engineers in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and partners to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch and beyond
- Start by helping us fix this obviously engineering-designed web site :-) !
- 4+ years of application, visual, and interaction design experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design. Alternative career paths are gladly considered
- Excellent communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them
- Self-starter who can deeply collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Portfolio of quality product, visual, and interaction design work
- Excellent command of typography, grid systems, color theory, iconography, and other related aspects of visual design
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping skills
Nice to have
- Experience working with a remote team
- You can represent a diverse viewpoint to our existing team
We are a remote-friendly team, but tend to operate on a US/Pacific-centric schedule. Please note that for this position, we are only considering candidates that can be on site in the SF Bay Area. Please consider applying by sending your resume (PDF or plain text), portfolio, and anything else you think that may be relevant to
jobs <at> falconproj <dot> com
We try to respond to every application promptly.
This position is a contract to full-time opportunity. Successful candidates will have the option to transition to full-time employment.
We welcome all applicants, and especially applicants from traditionally underrepresented minorities in our field.