Location: Remote or San Francisco Bay Area
Falcon is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to participate in developing a global-scale, multi-cloud data-centric application that powers consumer applications world-wide. Falcon is the code-name for a stealth mode startup company incubating in a larger, established company. Falcon will shortly “spin-out” as an independent, venture-backed startup, with employees as important shareholders. The company is lead by an experienced team with backing from top-tier investors.
We are building a system that powers some of the top consumer-facing media companies in the world. We operate a secure, highly available and performant product for millions of users daily. If you have a passion for data infrastructure, quality software built to last, large-scale systems, excellent security and privacy practices, and the desire to both mentor and learn please consider this position.
- Design and implement a distributed, multi-cloud application service.
- Evaluate and select tools and technologies appropriate to our project.
- Monitor and evaluate your systems, and plan for the future.
- Lead by example: give and receive engineering feedback to/from your peers, contribute great documentation and tests for your work.
- Participate in 2nd level on-call support for your own work
- Experience designing, building, shipping, and revising a complex, medium or large-scale, distributed application.
- Experience with modern distributed databases and schema design
- BS in Computer Science, or similar with 7 years work experience. Alternative career paths will absolutely be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in or have substantial overlap with Pacific Time.
Extra Bonus Points
- Experience with Clojure or other functional programming languages.
- Security and user data privacy are much more than just checkboxes to you
- Experience working with a remote team
- You can represent a diverse viewpoint to our existing team
We are a remote-friendly team, but tend to operate on a US/Pacific-centric schedule. If you can work with that, please consider applying by sending your resume (PDF or plain text), and anything else you think that may be relevant to
jobs <at> falconproj <dot> com
We respond to every application promptly.
This position is a contract to full-time opportunity. Successful candidates will have the option to transition to full-time employment.
We welcome all applicants, and especially applicants from traditionally underrepresented minorities in our field.