Location: Remote or San Francisco Bay Area
Falcon is seeking a Web Development Engineer to participate in developing a global-scale, multi-cloud data-centric application that powers consumer applications world-wide. Falcon is the code-name for a stealth mode startup company incubating in a larger, established company. Falcon will shortly “spin-out” as an independent, venture-backed startup, with employees as significant shareholders. The company is lead by an experienced team with backing from top-tier investors.
We are building a system that powers some of the top consumer-facing media companies in the world. We operate a secure, highly available and performant product for millions of users daily. If you have a passion for building applications that help millions of people, enjoy writing quality software built to last, and desire to both mentor and learn from your peers, please consider this position.
- Collaborate with your colleagues to design and implement the front-end of a modern, user-focused web-based application.
- Be our web development expert and inspiration.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of tools and technologies appropriate to our project.
- Monitor and evaluate your application, and plan for the future.
- Lead by example: give and receive engineering feedback to/from your peers, contribute great documentation and tests for your work.
- BS in Computer Science, or similar with 3-5 years work experience. Alternative career paths will absolutely be considered.
- Experience building and shipping front-end web applications.
- Experience with modern front-end web development tools and concepts.
- Understanding of web browser architecture and performance. It’s ok if you do not know everything yet, but you are motivated to learn.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and an appreciation for clean user interfaces.
Nice to have
- Experience with Clojurescript or other functional programming languages
- Experience working with a remote team
- Love working with and responding to great design
- You can represent a diverse viewpoint to our existing team
We are a remote-friendly team, but tend to operate on a US/Pacific-centric schedule. If you can work with that, please consider applying by sending your resume (PDF or plain text), and anything else you think that may be relevant to
jobs <at> falconproj <dot> com
We respond to every application promptly.
This position is a contract to full-time opportunity. Successful candidates will have the option to transition to full-time employment.
We welcome all applicants, and especially applicants from traditionally underrepresented minorities in our field.